Environmental Policy of Innerglass Limited
As one of the nation’s leading suppliers of janitorial hardware, consumables, paper products, glassware and related requisites, Innerglass Limited recognises that its activities impact upon the environment both through its internal operations and through its influences and effects on the wider community. It acknowledges a responsibility for, and a commitment to, protection of the environment (i.e. prevention of pollution) at all levels.
We will comply fully with environmental legislation as well as the requirements of Interested Parties and in addition are committed to continued efforts to: -
• Promote environmental policies and practises in all of its client organisations.
• Increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among all employees.
• Minimise waste and harmful impact, and develop and operate environmentally sound waste management procedures,
• Promote a purchasing policy that will give preference, as far as practicable to those products and services that cause least harm to the environment.
• Avoid wherever practical the use of environmentally damaging substances, materials and processes.
• Promote the efficient use of energy and water among both employees and clients
• Specify wherever possible timber from sustainable (managed) forests
• Promoting a culture of continuous improvement based upon the company’s stated objectives and the ISO 14001: 2004 standard.
21st April 2011